You have a unique body, mind & life story…
If you’ve ever felt that you can’t “fit in” to Yoga for whatever reason, it’s not you who should be fitting Yoga – your practice should be fitting you!
The most useful Yoga & mindfulness tools are the ones that are custom-crafted to bring ease, calm & freedom to your unique wonderful self.
I co-create a completely different program with each unique lovely woman who has private Yoga sessions with me. Some are restorative, gentle and meditative. Some are therapeutic. Some involve no movement at all, while a few are active & lively. Many have come to Yoga as I did, through chronic illness or pain. The practices are tailored to each individual woman’s priorities, and to her body, constitution, and life challenges.
This is Yoga the way it was meant to be shared. The modern Yoga class, where people with very different bodies and lives are expected to practice the same forms in the same way, is a recent development in the long history of Yoga. Before this, an individual would be given practices specifically tailored to benefit her mental & physical well-being.
We work together via Skype or in person to craft a personalised practice for you that suits your body, lifestyle, available time and energy levels, based on your priorities and well-being goals.
6 – Session Package
- 6 private sessions via Skype or in person (to be used within 6 months).
- Mini-consult via Skype, phone or email before your first session to determine your unique needs and priorities for your practice.
- The first session is 90 minutes to custom build your personal practice and allow time for you to explore the techniques thoroughly, with guidance. The remaining 5 sessions are of 1 hour duration.
Why 6 sessions?
Over the years I’ve discovered this to be the minimum number to for us to work together to thoroughly build a sustainable, completely customised home practice.
Anything really worth doing takes time.
In your first session which is a little longer, we establish baselines for breathing, range of movement, and often make discoveries that go beyond our intitial phone chat.
Following this first session, I design a customised practice for you that might use a range of Yoga techniques based on your priorities, lifestyle, time to practice and tastes.
We collaborate together over the next few sessions to explore and refine this practice thoroughly. There are often foundational elements of breathing and healthy posture to be worked on during these next few sessions.
The last couple of sessions fine-tune and consolidate your practice so that you feel confident about how to use the techniques in an ongoing way. (Or if you choose to continue with another round of sessions, you’ll feel confident that you’ve taken the time to thoroughly integrate your first practice).
This package also includes ongoing email, text or Facebook message support for your practice over the duration of the 6 sessions (I usually reply within 24 hours over weekdays or for longer, more in-depth requests, I aim to respond within a week).
Would you prefer to have a “get-to-know-each-other” chat first, before investing in this package, with no obligation? That can be arranged, just let me know on your registration form.
Alison listens to what you need, and to what you want and adapts a programme to suit you. She is very knowledgable about anatomy, as much as any physio I’ve met, which enabled me to trust her judgement and advice.
She is very intuitive to people’s needs when it comes to yoga. She actively discourages people from pushing themselves too hard. I didn’t expect to get as much out of yoga as I have.Rebecca
The YogaNurture Program (including 10 Private Sessions)
9 months of nurturing transformative Yoga & mindfulness, tailored to you & set within a wholistic, practical journey through Yoga philosophy and traditional teachings.
Services included in this package:
- Mini-consult via Skype, phone or email to determine your unique needs and priorities for your practice.
- Full participation in the YogaNurture program: working through each physical and energetic centre from the ground up, with an easy-going 9 month exploration of the Yoga Sutras, Chakras and aspects of Yoga philosophy. Delivered either via weekly email or via a password-protected webpage, and including additional PDF practice guides, recordings and videos. These resources are custom made with YogaNurture clients in mind.
- Invitation to optional membership in our friendly Private Yoga Nurture Coaching Facebook group or interaction on the online members’ portal, for mutual support and encouragement.
- 10 months of full access to all my online courses and E-Books.
- Ongoing email, text or Facebook message support for your practice (I usually reply within 24 hours, or for longer, in-depth requests, I aim to respond within a week).
- Places available for this package are limited to only 25 people to ensure you don’t get lost in a crowd.
Alison will work with your body and help you progress in the way you need to for that hour, day, week.
Every body is different and Alison understands and appreciates that. When you are in a Yoga pose it won’t be the same as everyone else’s Yoga pose. When people ask me, “What kind of Yoga do you do?”, it is hard to explain because Alison has the ability to tailor the practice to the individual! Which is amazing, and one of the reasons why I love Yoga with Alison.
She will never make you feel like you are not doing enough or you need to be doing something in a specific way to achieve a particular goal.
I have noticed a huge difference in my movement throughout my day to day life and my body has changed dramatically over the last 4 years.Jess
Any questions? Please feel welcome to ask using the form below.