Welcome to YogaNurture9 months of nurturing transformative Yoga & mindfulness, tailored to you
YogaNurture is a 9-month easy-paced yet deeply transformative journey that nurtures you from the ground up.
Imagine you could easefully…
- Uncover your innate graceful posture and move again with supple joints
- Recover your strong flexible hips and nurture your core & pelvic floor strength
- Reclaim an easeful ache-free back, neck and shoulders
- Rediscover your peace of mind and resilience
- Be good friends with your body again
…all in practical & enjoyable ways with custom-tailored nurturing Yoga & mindfulness programs and encouraging, joyful community support.
The hundreds of women I’ve worked with over the last ten years have helped me to develop the YogaNurture program.
They taught me that each of us is unique, so we benefit from carefully tailored, custom-crafted practices.
They also taught me that we have so much in common, and so much to share.
If you’re after a boot camp, this is the wrong place…but if you’d love carefully crafted, nurturing Yoga & mindfulness practices that are tailored for real women leading real lives, and the mutual support of a community of like-minded women with a sense of fun and compassion, then this go-at-your-own-easy-pace, nurturing immersion into Yoga for well-being will be just perfect for you.
The structure of YogaNurture is like a nest…inside the nest is your own, personal nurturing practice which we work on together in your private sessions; refining, developing and exploring the Yoga techniques that best suit you and your lifestyle.
The customised individual experience
- Your individually designed program includes ten live individual session with me: one per month plus one extra session to use whenever you feel like you most need over the 9 months of the full program. (Additional sessions are available at a discounted rate for those who prefer weekly or fortnightly sessions).
- We work together via Skype or in person to craft a personalised practice for you that suits your body, lifestyle, available time and energy levels, based on your priorities and well-being goals.
- You receive a customised practice resource that we update after each session; some people learn best by following a PDF, while others prefer video or audio, so you get to choose the medium you’d like to practice with.
- In-between your sessions you receive personal support from me via scheduled weekly “Ask Me” sessions on the optional private YogaNurture Facebook or Google group, and/or an email consultation each week. I’ll also catch up with any questions you’ve posted in the group, weekly. You can email, text or FB message me with a question and I aim to respond within 24 hours on weekdays. (longer or more complex questions will be covered in more depth & may take longer).
This is Yoga the way it was meant to be shared…the modern Yoga class, where people with very different bodies and lives are expected to practice the same forms in the same way, is a recent development in the long history of Yoga. Before this, an individual would be given practices specifically tailored to benefit her mental & physical well-being.
I think one of the most important things with Alison is that you can trust her. She’s supportive of you as an individual and encourages you to shape the poses to suit your posture… Yoga with Alison is not about wearing the most fashionable active wear and it’s not about doing the most challenging poses that look impressive. It’s about our own yoga journey, about feeling better about ourselves, it’s about our wobbles and bits that aren’t as bendy or stretchy, it’s about laughter and sharing and enjoyment.
+ the supportive group experience
I work with a maximum of 30 women at a time to preserve a high level of individual attention, and to keep our online community cosy and friendly.
You can access your resources any way you prefer: via weekly emails, or a password-protected webpage. Resources include extra PDF practice guides, notes, videos, and recordings, all designed with YogaNurture participants in mind.
Together we progress slowly & easefully through a physical and energetic centre each month, weaving a deep, rich, resourceful and nourishing journey…
- Build the foundations of good breathing, luscious healthy eating, & practices for sound sleep
- Learn how the ancient, yet practical & relevant philosophy of Yoga can help us regain our energy and serenity in the reality of every day modern life.
- Build healthy posture from the ground up, nurturing your feet, lower body, pelvic floor and hips, with calming, grounding relaxation & mindfulness practices
- Nurture the sacral centre, nourishing your joints, and exploring fluidity & grace in movement
- Move into the core strength of your deeper abdominal support & lower back stability. Explore body image, confidence, and build inner strength for life’s challenges
- Regain healthy graceful posture & movement in your upper back and shoulders. Explore the heart centre & learn techniques you can use to support yourself through grief or sadness when the need arises in your life. Discover the benefits of gratitude practices and compassion meditations.
- Regain healthy posture for your head and neck, and delve deeper into restorative breathing practices & Yoga philosophy
- Explore meditation, relaxation and mindfulness techniques, choosing what works to best support you in your life. Learn techniques for emotional balance, and nourish your nervous system.
Alison will work with your body and help you progress in the way you need to for that hour, day, week. Every body is different and Alison understands and appreciates that. When you are in a Yoga pose it won’t be the same as everyone else’s Yoga pose. When people ask me, “What kind of Yoga do you do?”, it is hard to explain because Alison has the ability to tailor the practice to the individual! Which is amazing, and one of the reasons why I love Yoga with Alison. She will never make you feel like you are not doing enough or you need to be doing something in a specific way to achieve a particular goal.
- Restorative Yoga Sequences for deep rest and relaxation
- Full complimentary access to my Better Sleep Yoga programs and recordings
- Full complimentary access to my Happy Healthy Back programs and recordings
- All my relaxation, meditation and mindfulness recordings: (including both short ones, so you can fit them effortlessly into your busy day, and also long & luxurious relaxation tracks).
- Full complimentary access to my Yoga in the Workplace resources, such as Yoga Work Breaks for your upper back, shoulders and neck.
You’ll have a full 12 month’s access to the YogaNurture Secret Facebook or Google group if you would like, to enjoy the community and mutual support of like-minded women with a sense of fun and compassion.
I post extra resources regularly in the groups, including after the 9 month immersion, and we encourage each other with all aspects of YogaNurture. We share resources for health & well-being and lots of inspiration for bringing the practices of YogaNurture into our every day lives.
Alison listens to what you need, and to what you want and adapts a programme to suit you. She is very knowledgable about anatomy, as much as any physio I’ve met, which enabled me to trust her judgement and advice. She is very intuitive to people’s needs when it comes to yoga. She actively discourages people from pushing themselves too hard. I didn’t expect to get as much out of yoga as I have.
I’ll be there to make sure that your practice fits your body and your life, and to encourage and celebrate your well-being with you.
I know what it’s like to live with pain, stress and fatigue, or to struggle to find time for wellness while busy with work and family. I know it takes time, consistency and nurturing to recover the art of self-care.
Yoga and mindfulness have transformed my health and my life and I now love to share this magic with my clients.
My deepest wish in YogaNurture is for you to fulfill your potential to live, move and breathe easefully and joyfully.
Payment plan options (Australian dollars)
$120 per month for 10 months
Or one advance payment
If you feel this program is calling to you, I would love to sit down with you via Skype or in person, and chat about your goals, hopes, and challenges.
Click on the button below to fill in a simple application form. Then, I’ll be in touch and we can chat about whether the YogaNurture program is a good fit for you.